Our sincere thanks to the Washington Post for giving us the chance to weigh in on the investigation of Robert’s murder as it enters its third year.

First time visitors should read Paul Duggan’s excellent  two  part  Post series from last month.

The Robert Wone Wiki, this site’s FAQ and the original affidavit in support of the arrest warrant from October 2008 are also key reads.

And many thanks to the Wall Street Journal Law Blog for their continued interest in Robert’s case.

8 comments for “Post-Op(ed)

1. Clio
    07/26/2009 at 11:57 AM

Great job, guys! Now, will your column appear in the print edition of the Post? Based upon precedent, legal or otherwise, my guess is no!

From your account and those of your citizen pundits, DC’s criminal justice system seems as bad as its public schools. Is a Michelle Rhee needed to shake up the federal city’s complacent forensics staff?

2. Nelly
    07/26/2009 at 1:56 PM

Great job getting the Post to print something else about this senseless murder of a fine young man.

3. 07/26/2009 at 2:44 PM

congrats on the exposure – when something breaks in this case, it will be, in part, thanks to your efforts. i admired your Post article, but must call bullshit on the suggestion that dylan ward was accomplished and/or successful in the community. otherwise, keep up the good work. peace, all.

4. Bea
    07/26/2009 at 2:53 PM

Congrats, guys – you are persistent, eloquent, and, in short, amazing (I should throw in ‘handsome’ for good measure, though I’ve not met you:)). We here forget how many hours you each much time you each much log into this process (while being fully employed). A tip of the hat.

5. AnnaZed
    07/26/2009 at 3:41 PM

I am wondering about the huge official blunders that you mention in your OpEd piece. Do they mean that this crime will never be “solved”? Did Joe in the depth of his cynicism virtually bank on that? The disarranging of the scene quite possibly during the very moments that Robert was suffering and surrendering his life speak to me of a level of cynical calculation and criminal self-interest that is simply astonishing. Earlier I said that I hoped that Joe had met his match in the DC Police Department, but I fear that may not be the case.

• CDinDC
      07/26/2009 at 4:47 PM

Have faith, AnnaZed. Joe et al may very well, in the end, see the scales of justice tip toward justice for Robert Wone.

6. Nick
    07/27/2009 at 9:37 AM

Good job, I especially liked the last sentence.

7. Robert
    08/03/2009 at 6:11 AM

I think most would agree that if test for DC home
    rule or statehood was dependent upon proof of
    efficiency for capitol government, such authoritiy
    would never have been granted in the past or
    would be granted in the future.

I come from New York City where the police force
    is almost always referred to as “New York’s Finest.”
    As Craig recently commented about dying in DC,
    Metropolitan Police Department could be
    described as “Washington’s Worst.”

Nothing against women (after all I was feminist
    before NOW), but look how Lanier and company
    have dealt with Gay homicides. Definitely not
    hand in GLOV or homosexuals we do love!

Whatever may have been Ramsey’s faults, he was
    heads & shoulders above Lanier. That would have
    been true even had he not used Gay shampoo.

As civil libertarian who has been both prosecutor
    and defense attorney, I have perfect explantion for
    this crime: it was a case of “heterosexual panic. ”
    How dare Robert Wone put his hands on crotches
    and rears of ingenues Price, Ward and Zaborsky!