Home Life, Education, Business & Legal Matters
A lot of the focus on this case has been on the events leading up to the murder of Robert Wone, the subsequent investigation, and the indictment of Joseph Price, Victor Zaborsky, and Dylan Ward on conspiracy charges, tampering with evidence, and obstruction of justice. The details mostly do not add up, with conflicting logic, time lines, and testimony.
We are often told we cannot see the forest for the trees. Or sometimes we’re so close to the trees that all we see is wood. What was going on in the bigger picture of the life of Joe Price’s “family”? Stepping back to get the bigger picture reveals a very busy Joe Price and family. The following time line illustrates major events in Joe Price’s family life from 2006 through 2008. A lot was going on, and the time line does not even take into account the more mundane aspects of the day-to-day activities of work, meals, shopping and errands, and presumed sexual encounters of this family.
Click here to view in full screen.
This was a family with a lot of stressful and major life events as a back drop to everyday activities:
1. From April 2006 through December 2006 was the domestic violence legal matter between Louis Hinton and Michael Price, with Victor posting bail, Joe serving up legal defense for Louis, and a separation of Louis and Michael with Louis’ domicile as 1509 Swann Street and Michael’s as 8335 Grubb Road, owned by brother Joe and Victor (for 1509 Swann). After many motions and trial postponements, the case was dismissed.
2. In May 2006, the grant funding for Dylan Ward’s development position at Equality Virginia ended. Dylan left EV and continued copy writing fund raising materials on a part time basis.
3. In June 2006, Joe Price made partner at Arent Fox, a major accomplishment in the legal profession.
4. On August 2, 2006, Robert Wone was tragically murdered at 1509 Swann with Joe, Victor, and Dylan all present at the time of the murder. The three are displaced from their home during the crime scene investigation for several months.
5. In October 2006, while 1509 was still controlled by the MPD investigators, Michael Price and his friend Phelps Collins III entered 1509 Swann and stole over $7,000 in electronic equipment belonging to the family. The charges in this legal matter were dropped and the case dismissed in August 2007.
6. In March 2007, Joe sold the condo at 8335 Grubb Road shared by Michael and Louis, and in June 2008 Joe and Victor sold 1509 Swann and purchased 550 NE 94 Street in Miami Shores, FL.
7. In May 2007, The “trouple” celebrated Dylan’s birthday at Halo, a private party in a very public venue.
8. In June 2007, Joe registered the Internet domain, EyeCandyDVDs.com, an adult video and novelty business, listing a Michael on the web site as the contact person.
9. In July 2007, Dylan Ward departed for Thailand to learn Thai massage, and in October 2007, relocated to Ft. Lauderdale, FL. After Joe and Victor purchased the Miami Shores property, Dylan relocates again to that address.
10. In late October 2008, Dylan was arrested for obstruction of justice in the case of the murder of Robert Wone, followed by the November indictments of Joe Price and Victor Zaborsky.
It appears that prior to the murder of Robert Wone and through the subsequent two years, Joe Price’s family was living a highly stressful life, buying and selling real estate, moving, under going separations, and starting a new business, all with the back drop of Robert Wone’s murder. Were all these actions just diversions, moving on with their lives, and business as usual? Did this family unit thrive on drama and upheaval? Was any of this connected to Robert’s murder?
– posted by Michael